Monday, June 13, 2011

Onesies for My Niece Part 3

This next one is super duper easy peasy.  All you need is a onesie, crochet hook (I used a size G), some worsted weight yarn, and a needle with thread to match the yarn.

I started out intending to make a doily like the cute onesies I saw on Dollar Store Crafts but the doily pattern I picked turned out to be a little too large and unfortunately I did not realize this until too late.  So I wracked my brain thinking what else could I sew on this little booger. I didn't want to make another doily that would take too long. (I wanted to hand deliver the onesies to Arizona where my sister-in-law lives and the plane hubs and I were taking left the next morning.)  I didn't want to do another flower so I thought why not a little heart after all how can you not think of hearts with a face like this:





Ok so there are pretty much only three steps to this one.

Step 1: Crochet Heart (I used this pattern and made heart C.)




Step 2: Sew Heart to onesie using matching thread.







Step 3:  Admire your handy work!

Random Kitty Picture! Btw she's standing on the too big doily!

No comments:

Post a Comment